Well hello there! Sure has been a while, huh?
First things first…
Thank you for your patience, your dedication and your overall amazingness as I figured out my next moves in this blogosphere. I really just needed a break to let my creative juices flow and some originality to come forward, and boy has it! So thank you, from the bottom of my and Mr. Harvey’s hearts for sticking by and waiting for the inspiration to strike.
And…BOOM! I have been stricken! And in this moment of enlightenment, several things came to be. Bear with me as I report on them now…
1. I like blogging. There was a point in time recently where I just felt a little burnt out by it all. The constant upkeep, the pace, the pressure to constantly create. But as soon as I stepped away from it a bit, I realized that I missed it. Not so much the constant upkeep part, but the part where I get to connect and share with likeminded creatives and dog lovers. I truly missed y’all.
2. I love photography. I’m sure you are all aware that I like to snap a few…*cough* millions *cough* …of snapshots of my pup. He’s truly my creative muse and inspires me on the daily to push my photographic abilities. Not to mention, he is the most patient model I know.
3. I value my time offline. This summer has truly been one to remember. From my epic travels abroad to my upcoming Southern road trip (more on that to come!!), I’ve been lucky enough to see and experience some remarkable things…and now I crave more!
4. I’m never satisfied. I crave change and get bored very easily, so I’m always in a state of transition…or so it feels. While I’m working on finding a happy medium, my ever-wandering eyes have lead me to some amazing places (some not so amazing places as well, to be fair). In this moment, my eagerness to jump into new things has me launching a new website (did ya notice??!?) and a very exciting new project in the coming days. (Really can’t wait…like really!!!!)
So what do all of these realizations mean for House of Harvey? Well, for starters, I’ll only be blogging about the things I love.
While I’ve tried to stay true to that mentality throughout my blogging experience, at times I felt the pressure to post for the mere sake of posting, and not really give my full attention or interest to the subject. No more.
I’ll also be changing the format of this blog to be primarily focused on photography (canine-centric of course). I love design. I love curation. But instead of posting on those elements on the blog, I’ll be sharing my favorites via my social channels of Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. So be sure to follow along!
Now without further ado, I introduce the new HouseofHarvey.com!
It’s not a huge departure from the last site, but it is a bit more polished and swanky, in my opinion. Here are some of the fun new features:
- Easier commenting. The old site buried the commenting and made it hard to participate, but alas, no longer. Comment away my friends!
- New slideshow feature. Everyone loves a slideshow right? Check out the new about page working the slideshow brilliance.
- We’re on Bloglovin’ now! Follow along in the canine fun through our Bloglovin’ feed.
Change is scary, but necessary for growth, and I couldn’t be more excited for the things to come. I hope you’ll stick around to hear, see and be a part of all of them!
Psst…I’d love to hear your feedback on the new site! What you love and hate…and everything in between. Holler at me in the comments or email me at email@example.com with any thoughts. Thanks! xo