Today we depart for our road trip up the coast of California. Harvey and I can barely contain our excitement about all that we will see and do on our journey.
This is the first time ever that Harvey and I take a prolonged voyage together, hotel stays and all. I’m not quite sure what to expect, but I anticipate many a wonderful memory and photo…of course!
But before we head out, we have to pack. Here are just some of the items me and Harvey are tossing in our bags:
1. Cynthia Rowley Weekender Bag … I found this awesome tie-die bag at TJ Maxx during one of my recent dives (you really have to dig deep sometimes at that store).
2. Grey felt fedora … This hat is my go-to for fall. I am my Sicilian father’s daughter after all, so a fedora is always a travel necessity.
3. Lumberjack scarf … I am so excited to finally experience some chilly weather and this lumberjack scarf definitely needs to make an appearance in the forests of Yosemite and Sequoia.
4. Chambray button down … The. Most. Comfortable. Shirt. Ever.
5. Combat boots … These bad boys can trudge through any terrain–city sidewalk or mountain pass. And they look great with just about anything.
1. Travel dog bed … As you know, Harvey does not use a bed. He prefers the cold hard wood floors of my bedroom instead. But when it comes to being in a strange, new location, I thought he might like something that smelled like home. We shall see how he takes to this bed.
2. Dog food canister and bowl … A simple shake of this canister, and Harvey comes running.
3. All natural rope toy … I was so happy when I walked into my local Petco and noticed these all natural toys. I think Harvey was thrilled too when I saw him sneaking it out of the bag in the middle of the night.
4. Poop bags … Colorful, scented and necessary. Clean up after your dogs–at home or afar.
5. First aid bandage … You can never be too prepared when traveling with your pup. I’ve purchased this dog-safe bandage and antiseptic. Always be prepared.