I am always looking for simple ways to enhance my Mr. Harvey’s style without having to invest a lot of money in new swag or cause him to be uncomfortable. (Ain’t that every dog owners grief?) So after giving it some thought, I decided to craft up an interchangeable dog collar bandana for him to sport on our walks.
This project is simple, fast and makes quite the statement. And now I can mix and match his fabric bandanas on the daily!
>> 1/2 yard of fabric
>> sewing machine
>> needle + thread
>> sew-on velcro
1. Take the correctly measured piece of velcro (should be the length of the dog collar) and sew it onto the collar with your needle and thread.
2. Take your 1/2 yard of fabric and cut into a square (you want to make sure that the each side of the square is the same length as your collar).
3. Fold the piece of fabric into a triangle. Sew all 3 sides together with the sewing machine or by hand.
4. So your piece of velcro (make sure you use a matching set of velcro for on the dog collar and on the fabric) along the base edge.
5. Adhere your two velcro pieces together and VOILA! instant collar style!
Does your dog like to sleep? Check out this dog bed DIY project!
© 2013 HOUSE OF HARVEY | Theme by Eleven Themes