Break out the champagne and balloons….Mr. Harvey is four!
With every birthday comes a bittersweet feeling of pure happiness to have spent so many wonderful years alongside this pile of fur, with a bit of sadness thinking about how quickly this time has gone by.
It’s been a wild four years, spending our days side by side, and I can only wish that the next four years and beyond will be just as magical.
Happy birthday, little man. You make everything better.
It’s come. My thirtieth year is finally upon me.
As a kid, this seemed like a very mature year full of responsibility, major life choices and many career successes. And in reality, it looks like it will actually be a year full of responsibility (someone has to take care of my fuzzy man, Mr. Harvey), major life choices (to travel or to take a break for a bit?), and many career successes (…or at least some big career changes).
With that said, I thought it might be fun (and motivating) if I posed a personal challenge to achieve 30 goals in my 30th year. There are some simple ones and some more lofty ones that made the list, but I’m hopeful I can achieve them all with a little bit of focus, perseverance and a lot of coffee.
So here goes…
1. Officially launch my photography business (a.k.a start making money doing it!)
2. Get my personal debt under control
3. Travel to an unseen destination (or several)
4. Increase my earnings
5. Strengthen my relationships
6. Volunteer on a regular basis
7. Cook at least twice a week
8. Expand my wood shop offerings and grow the business
9. Give so much more (i.e. gifts, time, attention…)
10. Achieve a milestone athletic accomplishment (i.e. marathon, Mud Run…)
11. Take my personal style up a notch (see you later high school jeans)
12. Make time to play/snuggle with Harvey every single day
13. Learn to play an instrument (perhaps the dusty banjo sitting in the corner…finally)
14. Meditate on the regular
15. Start writing one of the many screenplays I have in my head
16. Hike a substantial mountain/trail
17. Learn to save my money/plan for the future
18. Master the Italian language (30 years too late…)
19. Explore/attempt a new art form
20. Workout regularly
21. Grow a garden (and keep it alive!)
22. Get my photographs printed in a major publication
23. Watch the top 10 of AFI’s Top 100 Movies of All Time
24. Photograph and publish my grandmother’s Italian cookbook
25. Face my fear of water (it’s time to set sail, y’all!)
26. Go on a hot air balloon ride
27. Road trip through Wyoming/Dakotas/Idaho with Mr. Harvey
28. Pamper myself every other month (more massages please!)
29. Read 7 new books (truly a feat in my household)
30. Learn to live each day with respect and admiration for this time I’ve been given
Stay tuned for a progress report on May 3, 2015…
Do you have any goals on your list that you’ve proudly accomplished this year?
If you haven’t heard, we are headed to San Francisco this weekend to photograph some amazing dog and owners for our second Pup-Up event! We are so excited to meet some of the lovely Bay Area dog-owners and we want you to join in on the fuzzy fun!
So today I’m giving away a ticket to the event!
If you’d like the chance to win a free admission, sweet goody bag and some priceless pup portraits, all you have to do is…
I’ll be selecting one lucky dog + owner to join us on Saturday, April 12 from 9:00 am – 1:30 pm at our sweet studio location in The Mission District and will announce the winner on April 11!
Cant’t wait to hear your stories!
P.S. If you are just too excited and can’t wait to see if you are a winner, go on right ahead and snag one right HERE! (there are still some discounted tickets available!)
P.S.S If you can’t make it to the SF Pup-Up event, sign up for newsletter and be the first to hear about our next location!
Now for the not-so-fine print:
- I will be selecting the winner based on favorite response.
- You are allowed only one entry per person.
- The giveaway will run from April 7 – April 9, 11:59 pm PST.
- Once the winner has been announced, they must email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
- No purchase necessary
- Void where prohibited.
It’s been a long four months of waiting, but I’m so beyond excited to announce our next Pup-Up event…in San Francisco!
We are headed up to the Bay Area for a day of dog (and owner) portraits, delicious treats, pup playtime and maybe even a ride on a trolley car on Saturday, April 12! We’ve partnered with the amazing fashion rental service, Le Tote, and will be using their swank studio space for our oh-so-dapper and whimsical pup portraits.
If you’re curious as to what you can expect from The Pup-Up, check out our Los Angeles event recap and read some of these sweet details:
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You’ll sign up for the event right HERE! (Hurry! The first 10 people to purchase get a discount!)
- You’ll get an email from me letting you know the location address and what time slot you’ve been assigned to attend (in order to minimize the dog chaos, I break up the day into 3 sessions: early morning, mid-morning and afternoon.)
- You’ll arrive 5-10 minutes before your allotted time to fill out our lovely waiver and enjoy some delicious treats – both human and canine friendly.
- I’ll photograph your pup for 10-15 minutes (and for a minimal additional cost, I’ll snap some family portraits too!). We’ll have a fun backdrop and some optional accessories if you so choose.
- Once our session is complete, you can pick up your “doggy” bag (yep…free swag for you and your dog!!), leash up your furry friend and head out for a gorgeous afternoon together!
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Two weeks later, you’ll receive a CD full of your hi-res edited images for you to use as you like.
- And, of course, you’ll get an endless array of fond memories from your professional pup portrait shoot. Priceless.
And to top it all off, we’ll be donating 20% of the proceeds to the local San Francisco senior dog rescue, Muttville. Muttville’s mission is to change the way the world thinks about and treats older dogs and to create better lives for them through rescue, foster, adoption and hospice.
Now who wouldn’t want to join in on all this amazingness?
If you’re down for a fun day, full of fabulous pups, fellow dog-lovers, and endless side-tongue smiles all you have to do is click the button below and sign up!
I hope to see y’all and your NorCal pups in April!
Psst…want us to come to a city near you? Email me at email@example.com with your requests and I’ll add them to the list. Let’s make 2014 a cross-country, international pup pics kind of year!